This is a fantastic opportunity for a less-experienced or student piano teacher looking to get started, or improve, in a supportive environment. You will be teaching 4 – 5 days a week and helping make music more inclusive and engaging for children and adults. You will teach under the guidance of an experienced piano teacher, learning from your lessons and receiving coaching along the way.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least a grade 8 in piano or equivalent qualification or experience. (We welcome those who can play at this level but have learnt outside of a graded exam system.)
- Be interested in piano teaching as a career, whether part-time or full-time.
- Genuinely enjoy working with children and be interested and invested in students’ learning process.
- Be able to commit to 3 – 4 afternoons of teaching during the week and morning times on Saturdays. Availability on Saturdays is essential for the current opening, please do not apply if you cannot teach on Saturdays.
- Be responsible and punctual at all times.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- You must be able to commute to Crumlin as this is where the lessons will be based.
We welcome anyone looking to improve their teaching skills or start teaching for the first time who meets these minimum requirements.
This position will include travel-teaching, meaning that the teacher will be going to the students’ houses. Having your own car is ideal but if you prefer to walk, cycle or take public transport that’s fine too – just be aware that there is a standard travel fee as part of the compensation which cannot be increased.
As well as running an extremely popular studio in South Dublin, I also have a blog and training membership website for piano teachers around the world. I’m passionate about moving piano teaching forward and making it more accessible to all students, not just globally, but locally too – which is why I run this mentorship program. If this sounds like something you might want to be a part of, I suggest you check out my blog at colourfulkeys.ie/blog to make sure our goals and priorities are aligned.
If you join the Colourful Keys team, you would be representing my studio. I want to ensure that every teacher on the team has the support and training they need to be successful. We have teacher meetings weekly where we plan lessons together and discuss any issues that come up for your students.
As a teacher at Colourful Keys you will also have access to my extensive resources, games and materials and all of your students’ books will be provided for you. I will take care of the policies, the money and recruiting students so that you can focus on becoming a great teacher.
Please read this program handbook for more details about the position before applying.
We are taking applications at the moment to start in September. Please fill in the form below with as much detail as possible to apply. I look forward to hearing from you!