This is a fantastic opportunity for a piano teacher or music student who is looking to get started or improve in a supportive environment.
Working at Colourful Keys is about much more than a paycheck. You will teach under the guidance of an experienced piano teacher and plan all your lessons together at a weekly coaching meeting.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least a grade 8 in piano or equivalent qualification or experience. (We also welcome those who can play at this level but have learnt outside of a graded exam system.)
- Be interested in piano teaching as a career, whether part-time or full-time.
- Genuinely enjoy working with children and be interested and invested in students’ learning process.
- Be able to commit to 2 afternoons of teaching in the beginning, with the potential to expand these hours in the future. (You must be free from 3pm – 7pm on at least 2 days to be able to provide lessons at a time that suits children and their parents.)
- Be responsible and punctual at all times.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application.
- You must be living near the Crumlin/Rathfarnham/Terenure area as this is where the lessons will be based.
We welcome students and new piano teachers of all ages and anyone looking to improve their teaching skills who meet these minimum requirements.
This will be a travel-teaching position, meaning that the teacher will be going to the students’ houses. Having your own car is ideal but if you prefer to walk, cycle or take public transport that’s fine too. Just be aware that there is a standard travel fee of pay equivalent to 30 minutes as part of the compensation which cannot be increased.
As well as running an extremely popular studio in South Dublin, I also have a blog and training membership website for piano teachers around the world. I’m passionate about moving piano teaching forward and making it more accessible to all students, not just globally, but locally too – which is why I’m starting this mentorship program. If this sounds like something you might want to be a part of, I suggest you check out my blog at colourfulkeys.ie/blog to make sure our goals and priorities are aligned.
If you join the Colourful Keys team, you would be representing our studio. I want to ensure that every teacher on the team has the support and training they need to be successful. For this reason, any teacher who joins will have weekly meetings with me where we can plan your lessons together and discuss any issues that come up for your students. As you gain in confidence, we will graduate to monthly meetings so that you become more independent as a teacher and empowered to find your own teaching style – still with the support to back you up when you need it.
As a teacher at Colourful Keys, you will also have access to our extensive resources, games and materials and all of your students’ books will be provided.
We will take care of the policies, the money and recruiting students and all that business stuff so that you can focus on becoming a great teacher.
To apply please fill in the form below with as much detail as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!